Expedition Guide Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedition Guide Discussion

Meant as a general discussion of the guide, lore contained, the ship viewer, etc.

Before we begin, I would like to thank the team for this in particular. I have yet to play any of the actual campaign because I know if I do I will get no sleep tonight and have things to do tomorrow. But anyway, this thing right here shows me how much the team really cares about this franchise. It's beautiful. The expanded lore which we've had very little of beforehand helps shape a better picture of Kharakian society. Now then, on to my comments/questions.

1. The word Kushan is notably absent. Has it been retconned out of existence or do they simply not call themselves that yet? EDIT: Apparently I'll find out once I play. Fair enough.
    2. Glad to have logos for 2 more kiith, but I know of a few others, like Kaalel for instance who I guess are either irrelevant or just not big enough to merit their own section, but it'd still be cool to have one.
    3. IIRC, LiirHra was a merger of two kiith in HW1 was it not? Now they're a splinter out of Hraal. Maybe I'm getting it wrong though, haven't read my technical briefing in years.
    4. The ship viewer is incredible, I love it. What I would like now is the Remastered ships in a viewer identical to this one with crew compliment, length, stats, descriptions, etc.
    5. The Kharak global map is cool but sort of feels lacking in the sense that I don't think a globe map needs a 'night side' really as it renders it less functional, and I noticed it's impossible to zoom in on the south polar region, I guess how it's designed, but most of Kharak's interesting stuff happens near the poles, so that's a shame.
    6. I can see this also working as a mobile app for those in-game who just want to check something real quick on their phone, and since I imagine it's built in unity it wouldn't be too hard to design it to work as one, just a cool idea I've seen tossed around a few places.

That's all for me, now I'm off to write some fanfiction, sleep, then start my expedition in the morning. Cheers!
    Last edited by Darth Soban; 20-01-2016, 09:08 PM.

1. my understanding is that the term Kushan was what the unified people of Kharak called themselves after unifying post guidestone.
    3. LiirHra according to the guide and revised historical briefing was created by people leaving Hraal and merging with a bunch of lesser families
    4. Gearbox made the remastered and BBI made DoK so i doubt well see something like this

Comment

5. Limited details of Kharak might be intentional at the moment since there's some rumors of 3rd faction being added so I imagine more will be visible with additional content.
      6. using Unity certainly opens up a lot of possibilities. Hopefully we'll have some solid info regarding Mod tools and how much of the game BBI will open up to modders.

Comment

Originally posted by keithsboredom View Post
        1. my understanding is that the term Kushan was what the unified people of Kharak called themselves after unifying post guidestone.
        4. Gearbox made the remastered and BBI made DoK so i doubt well see something like this
        GBX basically seems to be giving BBI full creative control over Homeworld's IP and acting basically as publisher. My uninformed guess is that GBX bought the franchise without much of a plan because they were fans of the originals. So I imagine if there was enough of a want for it, GBX would allow it. If not only that, a full expedition guide for the RM games.

I've noted some inconsistencies in ship sizes as well from the guide to their exported .obj files. Dunno which to believe because it's only on a few models. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
        X