Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got an issue about Video Texture at option and that's the problem. This happen today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an issue about Video Texture at option and that's the problem. This happen today.

How do i say this? Well... it all start when i go to option to adjust video graphic. After that i start playing tutorial campaign but that were i found that unit texture are bit a blur so i pause the game and go to option to adjust graphic and that's where i realize that the texture go back to low. I thought i already change to ultra but it go back to low by itself. I got no problem for the other video graphic but only this one. Anyway later i put some image about that issue.

You are playing it on a laptop? If yes, look at which videocard this game is using. Maybe it uses only Intel Graphics, and not your ATi/Nvidia card.

Comment

What graphics card do you have and how much memory does it have?

Comment

Do you mean yesterday it was OK, and today it started happening? Steam seemed to download an update today, around 600 MB large, but no patches have been announced, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by drfelip View Post
          Do you mean yesterday it was OK, and today it started happening? Steam seemed to download an update today, around 600 MB large, but no patches have been announced, AFAIK.
          It is just an Expedition Guide, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Scree View Post

It is just an Expedition Guide, nothing more.
            Yep! You are right, it shows now in Steam.

Comment

I think this is the same thing happening to me. I posted this in the technical thread. And I posted some screenshots. The difference between you and me however is that all of my settings remain set to full. But it appears to me, that all of the models are being rendered in a super low resolution. If you look along the straight edges of the models you see a "stair" effect going on. This is very noticeable, and is effecting my enjoyment of the game. And all of the units look really blurry. Even the circle around the carrier its very distorted.
              Please look at the following album. If you click on the pics and enlarge them you'll see that the game appears to be running at a really low resolution. I'm

Comment

Sounds like you turned anti-aliasing off.

Comment

Who are you referring to? If your talking to me, I provided screenshot of my settings, which includes AA being on. Even if AA was working like it should, it would still look bad, due to the models being rendered at low res.. It almost looks like several GFX settings aren't taking effect. Low res, no AA, etc.

Comment

Maybe it's not optimal for Nvidia. Here some spec for my laptop:

Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition
                    CPU: 2.5GHz Intel Core i7-4710HQ (quad-core, 6MB cache)

• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (2GB GDDR5 RAM), Intel HD Graphics 4600
                    • RAM: 8GB DDR3L
                    • Screen: 15.6-inch, 1,920 x 1,080 TFT Color LCD
                    • Storage: 1TB HDD (5,400 RPM)
                    • Ports: 3 x USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, Headphone jack, Ethernet, SD Card reader
                    • Connectivity: Dual Wireless Antennas, Acer Nplify 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
                    • Camera: 720p webcam
                    • Weight: 5.29 pounds
                    • Size: 15.3 x 10.1 x 0.9 inches

Comment

Graphics: AMD R9 290X
                      Ram: 16GB
                      CPU: AMD X4 840K Kaveri Quad-Core 3.7GHz FM2+
                      Screen: 22in Acer LED, @ 1920 x 1080
                      Storage 512GB Sandisk SSD
                      Connectivity: 100MB *** internet package.
                      Don't believe this quality issue has any preference on GFX.

Are devs responding to anything about the game as of yet? It seems like they went dark after the launch. I hope we get some kind of response on this issue. If its a issue, or if its some kind of design decision. That way we know something.

Comment

This is not a game problem, like the other user suggested, check what video card the game is running on.
                        I have a laptop myself so i know what causes this.
                        The Nvidia auto selector does not always know for new titles what video card to use.
                        You can either set the nvidia card as the default for everything or set just the game to launch with the nvidia card.

for setting default for everything (note this might cause some power problems when mobile)
                        Right click desktop and click on nvidia control panel, then in the manage 3d settings set preferred graphics processor to "high-performance nvidia processor"

Or to do it just for the game go to the other tab that says program settings and press add to find the program.
                        Then after you have found it in the drop down menu you select the nvidia card in there for that program alone.

I do this every time a new game comes out that does not get one of the quick nvidia game ready driver updates.

Comment

It sounds like your referring to the issue where people have some crippling slow game play. This issue is referring to how the graphics look like they are tuned way down. Also in addition to that, I'm not using a Laptop. I built my own PC, its a mini-ITX computer. It does have a on board video card, but it is disabled in the bios, so it is impossible for the PC and therefor the GFX software to detect it, or cause any issues of that sort. Unless I'm missing something here. I've tried adding the game to the AMD software, and disabling it, and trying to get the global settings to work. But that seems to have no effect at all on the game. Also if my the game was somehow trying to run on the disabled video device, I wouldn't be able to see anything, because it would be outputting to the video outputs connected to that video device. Not through the PCI-E GFX card outputs.
                          Last edited by Drako; 22-01-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Right sorry mistook the other guys post to yours, he posted laptop specs. and your specs right under.
                            Sounds like it is another amd issue with their drivers.

Comment

do you have anistrophic filtering on at 4x or more?

Comment

Working...
                              X