Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better ending [IMO] for your consideration (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better ending [IMO] for your consideration (Spoilers)

I loved every minute of the game except the last one. Given the significance of the Guidestone to the entire series, I can't believe that we didn't even get a glimpse of it. So, for your consideration, what I imagine would be the perfect ending:

Either the last scene, or after the credits
    Caption: X Years/Months later

Rachael (or another) breaks through a bulkhead with a science team behind her
    Rachael in a 'regular report tone': "This is Rachael; I've broken through. The chamber is mostly empty... a platform surrounding a stone tablet."

Rachael brushes sand off of the guide stone
    "It looks like some kind of map... there's a word here..."

Rachael runs her hand along the stone just next to the script
    "Higara."

Cut

It perfectly ties into the intro of Homeworld 1 without giving anything away for new players. I'm just going to imagine that this is what happened.

Actually, this might be not be needed. If anything, existing lore actually mentionned that it was only much later in the discovery of the Khar-Toba wreck that the guidestone was found.

A possibly better way to foreshadow the mothership would be a playable Gaalsien campaign centering around survivors trying to regroup for survial after the disastrous battles at the Khar Toba, and trying to set out for the northern territories(while being hounded by Khaaneph antagonists and diehard "to the last breath" militants of open conflict) ending with them infiltrating Northern society to continue the fight instead from within.
    This could be an unexpected yet perfect way to foreshadow the construction of the mothership by hinting at the later sabotage attempts by Gaalsien-motivated hands that would plague the history of it's construction during the coming century.

Comment

But Rachael can't discover the Guidestone that is someone else according to the HW1 Historical Briefing.

Comment

Fair point, didn't read the Brief Replace Rachael with Mevath

I guess a DLC of her finding the stone, then getting it to their stronghold / convincing the other Kiiths to unite would be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
        X