X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotkey Rebinding Documentation

Hi all

Here is the documentation for customizing hotkeys.

Overview
    The file uses a .dokhotkeys file extension.
    A file containing all of the default bindings called default.dokhotkeys is included with the build at the root game directory.

In this file, there are two sections: Hotkeys and Abilities.
    • The Hotkeys section consists of global hotkey operations, such as control group and camera hotkeys.

• The Abilities section consists of active (i.e. non-passive) abilities shown on the command panel for all playable units, including campaign and MP. Toggleable abilities will have two entries with "_ToggleOff" and "_ToggleOn" suffixes.

Launching the game for the first time after this goes live will automatically create a copy of the default file called custom.dokhotkeys under the out\backup and out\cloud directories. The .dokhotkeys file under out\cloud will be synced on Steam Cloud.

‚Äč
    Hotkey settings are loaded in this order, from first to last:
    1. custom.dokhotkeys file under out\cloud
    2. custom.dokhotkeys file under out\backup (the game will then automatically create a copy of this under out\cloud)
    3. default.dokhotkeys file (the game will then automatically create copies of this in both out\cloud and out\backup).
      • If the default.dokhotkeys file is also missing/deleted, then the game will still fallback to bindings equivalent to those exposed in the default file. You can restore this file by verifying your local game cache.
    Any changes to the loaded file while in-game will not be reflected. Changes to the hotkey file will only be reloaded by one of the following:
    • Entering into a new session
    • Clicking Cancel in the Options menu or Fleet Customization screen (which triggers a revert of user settings, resulting in a reload of the hotkeys file)
    • Restarting the application
    Until a user interface is created in the Options menu, there is currently no method of updating the hotkeys file within the game.

Details on Usage
    To create your own custom binding, simply replace the value on the right side of the "=" character for the desired global operation or ability. Bindings must be in a valid format:
    • Bindings under the Hotkeys section can be set to a combination of individual keys and modifiers, with each key or modifier separated by a "+" character.
    • Keys follow Unity's KeyCode enum naming (see http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html), while modifiers follow Unity's EventModifiers enum naming (seehttp://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptRefere...Modifiers.html).
      • Supported modifiers are Control, Shift, and Alt. The FunctionKey modifier accompanies the F1-F12 keys. It's also required for certain keys, such as Backspace, Home, PageDown, and Left/RightAlt, in order to work in the Unity Editor.
      • Supported key combination formats are:
        • "key+modifiers" (e.g. A+Control+Shift)
        • "modifiers+key" (e.g. Control+Shift+A) - note bindings are automatically saved in this format
        • "modifiers+key+modifiers" (e.g. Control+A+Shift)
    • Bindings under the Abilities section can be set to an individual key only. For abilities, the Shift modifier for queuing commands, and the Alt modifier for toggling autocast on autocast abilities cannot be changed.
    • Only one binding can be assigned to abilities and most global operations. Certain global operations such as "Select Carrier" are exceptions and can have multiple bindings due to existing alternate definitions being available (e.g. SelectCarrier1, SelectCarrier2 and SelectCarrier3). Alternate bindings for all global operations or abilities may be considered in the future, but are not currently supported.
    • If a global operation or ability is defined more than once in a section, then the value of the last entry will be assigned to that global operation or ability.
      • For example, this will result in the Hold ability being assigned the J hotkey:

[Abilities]
    Ability_Common_Hold=H
    Ability_Common_Hold=J
    • If the same binding is assigned to more than one global operation, then the last global operation registered by the game will be assigned that binding, leaving the other global operations sharing the same binding unbound. Note that the order in which global operations are listed in the hotkeys file does not represent the order in which they are registered by the game.
      • For example, this will result in the CycleLeadUnitReverse operation being assigned the Tab binding and the CycleLeadUnit operation being unbound, since the game registers CycleLeadUnitReverse after CycleLeadUnit:
    [Hotkeys]
    CycleLeadUnit=Tab
    CycleLeadUnitReverse=Tab
    • If the same binding is assigned to more than one ability, then when selecting a unit, the last ability to be listed in its command panel will be assigned that binding, leaving the other abilities sharing the same binding unbound. This means you can have duplicate bindings for abilities as long as they do not conflict on an individual unit.
    • Any unrecognized or incomplete entries and bindings are ignored
    • You may manually define multiple [Hotkeys] or [Abilities] sections, although when the file is saved the duplicate sections will be merged automatically
    • Entries within the same section are kept in alphabetically order when the file is saved

Attached Files

Hi Sean, thanks for the documentation, but a few of the embedded images on the post are broken. It is possible to format it a bit better?

Comment

Is there a way to rebind camera zoom from mouse wheel to keys on the keyboard?

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for this! I'd stopped playing due to frustrating binds and am looking forward to customizing the layout and getting back into this game.

Was this file was available for modding from day 1 and just undocumented or if it was added in a recent patch? Either way, I'm very grateful this functionality was not overlooked. Cheers!

Comment

Hihi!

I'm not seeing the Kaaneph hotkeys listed in the default file after the patch. Any details on what lines I have to add to modify these hotkeys?

I was able to change the baserunner and a few other units with

Ability_K_ProduceBaserunner=W
          Ability_K_ProduceBaserunner_MP=W

A few other units appear to be working this way too, but a lot of them aren't. I don't really see a pattern.

Any assistance would be super duper helpful! TY!

Comment

Originally posted by mehoo View Post
            Hihi!

I'm not seeing the Kaaneph hotkeys listed in the default file after the patch. Any details on what lines I have to add to modify these hotkeys?

I was able to change the baserunner and a few other units with

Ability_K_ProduceBaserunner=W
            Ability_K_ProduceBaserunner_MP=W

A few other units appear to be working this way too, but a lot of them aren't. I don't really see a pattern.

Any assistance would be super duper helpful! TY!

Hi Mehoo (and all forumers)! They are all certainly rebindable, and it appears that we missed updating the default hotkeys file on our pre-release check list.

I'm attaching the updated hotkeys file for yourself, and all to use. Just remove the '.txt' extension

Cheers
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the update! Already spread the news on the main groups.

Comment

Working...
              X