Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEEDBACK regarding tactical pause and give orders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEEDBACK regarding tactical pause and give orders.

Sorry for the duplicate post. Maybe someone can remove the other post from the general BBI forum. Thanks!

Surely, You can please some people, some of the time.

Not meaning to sound ungrateful, and I'm sure you guys work your ***** off, but most of the things that came out in this last patch are fine tuning for multiplayer. Can you please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give us some feed back on the possibility of the Tactical pause. you know, "the pausing the game to give orders" request?

Honestly guys, there is a whole segment of the community here that is waiting with baited breath on this one.

Could you at least give us some feedback on it rather than seemingly ignoring the issue. I know there was that little comment in the AMA that maybe you would consider it, since it seemed that there were quite a few people who have requested it. But other than that it would seem that the issue has been completely ignored.

I would much rather be told by Blackbird, "Nah, stuff you, we couldnt care less" (in some form, so as not have to deal with the issue), than not hear anything at all. At least if I know its not on the cards, I can forget about getting my hopes up any time soon.

I realise that to you multiplayer must prob come first. BUT EVEN IF YOU CANT ACTUALLY DO IT ANYTIME SOON, COULD YOU AT LEAST LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE?

Thank you for all the work you put into the game. PLEASE TAKE TWO MINUTES TO PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY.

THANKS!

Seconded, would really like an answer, even if the answer is "nope."

Comment

I am also waiting to find out about this feature request. As a huge Homeworld fan, I was shocked to find that DoK did not support being able to pause and look around (and give orders). Not only is it great for taking screenshots or just generally admiring the artwork, it makes the game far more playable and enjoyable for people like me who are awful at RTS games. I have no interest in multiplayer, so I don't care if it's how you're "supposed" to play it. Let me play the game how I have the most fun with it. In fact, my interest in the game has diminished to almost 0 because I find the single player campaign too hard to be enjoyable without tactical pause.

As long as this feature is not in place, I likely wouldn't bother finishing your game, which bums me out, and I certainly would spend any money on DLC for a game that I can't play.

Comment

I'm beginning to suspect that while the devs might like to give us an answer, they are either, a) so busy working on things that they don't have time or b) Gagged by marketing and do not want to say anything.

I understand that you can be damned if you do, and damned if you don't here. If you don't say anything, people get all screwed up that you don't care and are not doing anything. If you do say something like "you are looking into it", and then it falls through, (because its unworkable, or not cost affective, or just cant be done), then your the worst in the world for "not carrying through" on your "promises".

If I said I wouldn't hold you to it, would that help?

Thanks,
        Mr. snork

Comment

I wouldn't have bought this game if I had known it didn't have tactical pause. Undoubtedly they will bring out a new release of Homeworld (3d space). I just wonder if they are going to leave it out there as well?!!!

I bought the game expecting it would be in. it was in the previous HW games I bought so why not?

Just tell us Devs. are you going to bring it into this game? YES or NO? and .... are you planning to bring it to future HW games?

easy peasy. you'll lose a few people but most people will be fine. Just be upfront about it.

Comment

I think this kind of feature, something that changes so much in the way the game is played, would be in the game since release if they wanted to have it. DoK seems to be different from the 4X style that HM 1 and 2 have.

If they end up doing an HW3 going back to the space perspective I don't see why not include it, but in DoK, a RTS no a 4X game, I don't see why add it.

Comment

Even if it's just a regular pause. It would mean we can at least take a decent screenshot.

Originally posted by Sinistro View Post
              I think this kind of feature, something that changes so much in the way the game is played, would be in the game since release if they wanted to have it. DoK seems to be different from the 4X style that HM 1 and 2 have.

If they end up doing an HW3 going back to the space perspective I don't see why not include it, but in DoK, a RTS no a 4X game, I don't see why add it.
              I fail to see how it would change the game in single player. Homeworld isn't a 4x in any sense of the word. It's has always been an RTS, and there are plenty of RTS games that allow you to give orders while paused.
              Last edited by Soulless; 27-04-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Regarding the screenshot thing....I swear there is a glass mode like the HW remasters! I have a bunch of in game screenshots with absolutely no HUD, indicators, triangles or squares or anything! I just forgot how I actually did that back in January >_<

Comment

I always try to believe for the best in people. I'm choosing to believ that BBI just haven't seen this thread, rather than they dont care. But it is kinda hard!

Comment

i would like a 'pause/break' key, nothing fancy, just for taking tactical screenshots, DoK is a beautiful game.

Comment

Just checking in again to see about the "tactical pause" request. I still haven't played past the first couple missions of the game because I am hoping this feature will be added. Please let us know if there is any chance it will be added or not. Thanks!

Comment

I'm guess the whole idea here is to turn the game into a click-fest, a MOBA type superficial thingy you can make money off, I think that is their paradigm, rather than a thoughtful RTS. However, hopefully the devs will one day put some time into making a pause button. Not sure if it will be in my lifetime, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JDeezNutz View Post
                          Regarding the screenshot thing....I swear there is a glass mode like the HW remasters! I have a bunch of in game screenshots with absolutely no HUD, indicators, triangles or squares or anything! I just forgot how I actually did that back in January >_<

CTRL + H. The only way to watch replays.

Comment

tactical pause would be nice feature, surprised it was not included

Comment

This is the biggest issue with this game. A complete game breaker. I will not be recommending this game to anybody unless this is fixed

Comment

Working...
                              X