Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEEDBACK regarding tactical pause and give orders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is super old now, but I am just so disappointed that this simple feature wasn't in the game. It's a real heart-breaker for someone that likes to pause and think while playing a single player RTS.

Comment

I know, I still feel sad about it all. it could hve been such a magnificent game. It's really just soul-destroying, and I feel that the developers just didnt care. I think principally because they never really got back to anyone about it. I suspect it was just too hard and there was not enough financial reason to spend the time on it. But It would have been nice for them to at least have said, "Sorry, we cant do it, we have pulled off HW onto other things"

Comment

drfish You are still able to pause. you just aren't able to give unit commands while paused.

The presence or lack of a tactical pause in Homeworld games has always been a contentious issue. Some people want it and others feel that it defeats the purpose of the "real-time" part of RTS. While it is not likely that we will add it to DoK, it is possibly a feature we will implement in future games made here at BBI.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Ah, thank you so much Iain for the feedback. I think that is the only thing anyone has actually said since a few tiny comments at the beginning. While I don't necessarily see the contentiousness of a pause in DOK, ( due to the fact of it's history in the other HW games and in a few other RTS's), I will easily concede the point that people may well see it that way. It's great to have that feedback.

My personal opinion would be that the "pause" is hardly a Useful one. You cant really see the screen well enough to make decisions or anything much. It's more like stopping the game completely for a toilet break or such.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to us. it is most appreciated!

Comment

If only there was tactical pause feature for SP skirmish. You know, DoK is a relatively fast-pace RTS. And I really doubt if most players can make any "strategical thinking" in just a few seconds. And sometimes you may feel like taking a screenshot while without enough time to change camera position and angle. (Well you can pause in replays, but I can't record campaign missions)

Comment

I agree, a menu free pause option would be great for taking screen shots.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
                drfish You are still able to pause. you just aren't able to give unit commands while paused.

The presence or lack of a tactical pause in Homeworld games has always been a contentious issue. Some people want it and others feel that it defeats the purpose of the "real-time" part of RTS. While it is not likely that we will add it to DoK, it is possibly a feature we will implement in future games made here at BBI.

Cheers,

Iain
                The Tactical Pause has been in every single HW game so far -- how is it contentious? For single player, that makes no sense.

If I had known tactical pause would not have been in a HW game, I never would have purchased it.

Comment

Homeworld 1 never had a tactical pause, Homeworld Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 did but they were quite completely unnecessary, I never used them in the campaign. The whole point to RTS games is that they are REAL TIME STRATEGY, if you cant handle it then this game is not for you? StarCraft 2 is more demanding with precision and pace and that does not a have tactical pause? this game does not need it.

Comment

I think both arguments have merits. However, I would not be surprised to see tactical pause return to any future installments of the franchise that are made.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                    X