No announcement yet.

Multiplayer achievements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please remove these auto ranked game achievements from the game as this part of the game is dead and no longer manageable.

Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - Bronze
    Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - Silver
    Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - Gold
    Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - Platinum
    Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - Diamond
    Multiplayer: 1 v 1 - 5 Stars

Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - Bronze
    Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - Silver
    Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - Gold
    Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - Platinum
    Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - Diamond
    Multiplayer: 2 v 2 - 5 Stars

Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - Bronze
    Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - Silver
    Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - Gold
    Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - Platinum
    Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - Diamond
    Multiplayer: 3 v 3 - 5 Stars

Nobody is playing this part of the game.

For me, achievements are yet another challenge of the game. But they should also be solvable.
    It is, of course, desirable for the developer to play a game long actively. But there is no solution to force players with Steam achievements to do so.

Add more campaign-related achievements. Complete Mission 10 without aircraft or similar if it is technically solvable.

Will there be any new content in the future? I find the game great and it still has potential!

(thx to google translate)
    Last edited by Thalos; 13-02-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We are examining the current state of achievements.

If you are looking for ranked multiplayer games you may have luck finding opponents on the Homeworld discord server: https://discord.gg/WGmRe2F

Cheers,

iain

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Any news on what will happen regarding the achievements, I noticed that in the steam forums their is a handful of people asking about it too, seems to be a good portion feeling the same way as I and a few others here do. Hopefully their will be some news soon?
        Cheers.

Comment

Still under discussion. With our focus on Eagle it has been on the back burner for the past several weeks.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

My 2 cents

Pretty big RTS fan here, at 46 I have been playing them for over 30 years. I really got into the steam achievements for the games I play. At first because I like to "collect" but later saw real value in learning the game inside and out from each faction perspective when attempting the achievements. It really has been no different with DOK, the achievements did force me to play factions I originally had no interest in and later became a fan of.

All that said, the DOK achievements do not match most game achievements in that there are certainly some that are nearly impossible to achieve in a reasonable amount of time( e.g. Multi Player diamond ?x?). If the top player in the game has not achieved it within a few months of game release then it is doubtful your average fan will ever see that icon's color glow in their collection.

This does discourage some from even trying to start, and in my eyes any discouragement of a fan to explore this wonderful game is something I would avoid. My 2 cents.

PS It has not stopped me from trying to get them... I occasionally post in discord that I am launching a ladder map in hopes of finding an opponent!
            Last edited by B8factor; 16-03-2017, 03:01 AM.

Comment

I want to support the OP, I am pretty non social person, so I have no friends to play with, and there is almost no way for me to find or join community just to farm achievements.

Comment

That's where you're wrong

https://discord.gg/0iObC1nAGCaSEPOp

Feel free to join the community here. Lots of awesome people to play with.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

I see in the update that those auto ranked type achievements are not being modified or removed is that true?
                  Global completion rate is 0.1% with 3 at 0.4%. It is fair to say that majority of the players who bought Homeworld Dok are fans of the franchise and would continue playing it here or there,
                  but not even 1% of these dedicated players have been able to achieve these achievements.
                  As time goes, the player base will surely shrink and will leave even less potential for these achievements to be achievable?
                  Did all of you at BBI discuss the pros and cons of having such achievements in the game?

Comment

I stand corrected, after seeing the patch and the fix to the achievements, i believe you made the right choice. Thank you for taking my advice into consideration, i know a lot of others do appreciate it too.
                    Hope to see more products from you guys soon too.

Comment

Hey Ender,

Actually the Achievement changes were independent from the patch, but yes all achievements are now fully achievable, as they should be.

Thanks for all your input on the subject! Hope to see you reach 48/48, although I may have to try and beat you to it.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                      X