No announcement yet.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Patch 1.3.0 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the patch coming to GOG sometime as well?

Comment

Hey Thrudda,

You will have to ask that question of GoG. They were responsible for all development on the GoG client in conjunction with Gearbox.

Sorry I don't have a clear answer for you.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
        Hey Thrudda,

You will have to ask that question of GoG. They were responsible for all development on the GoG client in conjunction with Gearbox.

Cheers,

Iain
        What do you mean by "They were responsible for all development on the GoG client in conjunction with Gearbox"? It doesn't make any sense for GOG to be responsible for the development of a patch for a game developed by BBI.

Isn't GOG supposed to only help the developers to make the game and patches compatible with the GOG platform?

Did Gearbox or BBI send the patch files to GOG so they can make it work on GOG?

Or is GOG supposed to develop the whole patch from scratch?

Even if GOG were entirely responsible for the development of the game and patches on their platform, it should be of interest to Gearbox and BBI to make sure that your game is updated on all platforms. So far, GOG hasn't updated it and I already contacted GOG a month ago and I have yet to receive a single word from them on this matter. They're probably silent to not call Gearbox and BBI liers.

How come you release a game and then leave it at the mercy of a 3rd-party company to do whatever they want to the game that carry your brand? It doesn't make sense, at all.

Why don't Gearbox and BBI approach GOG and see what is happening, why they didn't update the game on their platform, what they need. It's YOUR game! For God's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
          Hey Thrudda,

Cheers,

Iain
          What do you mean by "They were responsible for all development on the GoG client in conjunction with Gearbox"? It doesn't make any sense for GOG to be responsible for the development of a patch for a game developed by BBI. Isn't GOG supposed to only help the developers to make the game and patches compatible with the GOG platform?
          Did Gearbox or BBI send the patch files to GOG so they can make it work on GOG?
          Or is GOG supposed to develop the whole patch from scratch?

Even if GOG were entirely responsible for the development of the game and patches on their platform, it should be of interest to Gearbox and BBI to make sure that your game is updated on all platforms. So far, GOG hasn't updated it and I already contacted GOG a month ago and I have yet to receive a single word from them on this matter. They're probably silent to not call Gearbox and BBI liers.
          How come you release a game and then leave it at the mercy of a 3rd-party company to do whatever they want to the game that carry your brand? It doesn't make sense, at all.
          Why don't Gearbox and BBI approach GOG and see what is happening, why they didn't update the game on their platform, what they need. It's YOUR game! For God's sake.

Comment

Hello XeidiDent,

Thanks for your message.

"They were responsible for all development on the GoG client in conjunction with Gearbox"

When I say this, I mean we were not involved with the process of developing the GoG client for DoK. It was a collaboration between Gearbox and GoG directly. To my knowledge all the development work was done in house by GoG using the source code provided by Gearbox. Any update will likely be made via the same process, and thus likely have a delayed implementation.

I think it is likely to happen in time, but I am unable to make any promises as I can't speak for either Gearbox or GoG.

Hope this helps answer at least some of your questions/concerns.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
            X