Unit Creator/Modifier Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Creator/Modifier Tool

This is relatively straight forward, and I'm surprised the game didn't come with something like this built into it, the potential is practically screaming to be tapped into. I'd like to see a system added into the game that allows players to customize their vehicles functionality in a modular fashion, let me explain what I mean.

Lets start with a good example, the base-runner, and its equivalent across the different factions. Right now its limited to a multi-purpose vehicle focused on support of other vehicles around it, which it is limitedly useful at doing. What if there was a way to take the baserunner's base design, and build on it? What if you could replace its multi-purpose functions with heavier combat capabilities, eg. Remove its smaller turret and its "place turret abilities, and replace it with a larger weapon mount, such as an AAV gatling gun or a railgun turret, or an Anti-Air turret, or an artillery turret, allowing you to re-purpose it as a more flexible platform for combat. And for that matter, why not give this modification ability to almost all, if not all of the ground vehicles in the game? Give players the ability to create either more heavily armored AAV's using the hull of a railgun platform, or faster more maneuverable railgun platforms by switching the AAV hull for the Railgun hull, tougher heavier armored Anti-Air platforms, or more mobile ones, different toughness level cruiser hulls with modular weapon systems that can be switched for heavier, or lighter weapons, or a balance of the two.

I'm not sure why it never found its way into the game, the potential for this is incredible. It makes me think back to my old PS1 days when I first played warzone 2100, I'd love to be able to do something similar to that in DoK.

Hey Crimsonwolf,

We fully in favour of the creation of mods for DoK. Unfortunately when DoK was first developed in Unity it was not made with moddability in mind. This would make the creation of such a mod extremely challenging.

That said, it seems like a cool idea and if you can make it work that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
      Hey Crimsonwolf,

We fully in favour of the creation of mods for DoK. Unfortunately when DoK was first developed in Unity it was not made with moddability in mind. This would make the creation of such a mod extremely challenging.

That said, it seems like a cool idea and if you can make it work that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Iain
      heh, I wish I could say I can, but I don't know the first thing about the technicalities of modding, all I know how to do is think up ideas, and lay out how they should work.

I'd gladly cut my teeth learning how to do so on DoK if there were some tools for me to make use of though.
      Last edited by crimsonwolf911; 23-03-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X