Homeworld / DoK Merchandising dream wish list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeworld / DoK Merchandising dream wish list

Okay, so dream wish list of Homeworld merchandising - reply to this with your dream items and I'll add 'em here! Give a link to an example if you can.

electronic spaceship & vehicle toys
    http://news.toyark.com/2014/09/23/ds...preview-138428

medium sized die-cast spaceship & vehicle models
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr..._source=EE_Sat ellite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=03051 5_Newsletter&utm_content=DC666885#.VpgKaFJsXU4

Karan and Rachel S'Jet Pop! figures?
    http://news.toyark.com/2014/08/07/st...-figure-134992

Comics/Graphic novels in the Homeworld cinematic style?

Expanded Universe novels?

Tabletop board game with ship or vehicle miniatures?

LEGO sets, of course.

Stolen from Facebook:
    Homeworld Monopoly
    Homeworld Risk

Another Art Book like the big Art of Homeworld book.

An incredible cross-sections book like they have for Star Wars

A coffee table full color "history of kharak" type book
    Last edited by Sastrei; 16-01-2016, 08:59 AM.

Sparki and I have asked GBX ppl about potential novelizations in the series to no real reply. *sigh* Also I would 100% buy lego sets. ALL of them.

Comment

Rachel's jacket from the intro! Full size of course. That thing was f***ing cool

Comment

A large full-color book describing Kharak. Large views of the local maps, descriptions of some key wrecks and locations, early chapters describing large sweeping details of the Heresy wars and the rise and fall of the various Kiithid. Something that those completing doK can get some more answers out of for details that don't matter for later installments.

...with a final chapter written by Fleet intelligence describing the destruction of Kharak, what little was left, and a personal message on the tragedy from Karan.

Apart from this, ships and vehicles in physical form. A tabletop minis (or traditional board/card) game describing some other detail in this area of Kharakian history.

Comment

Another art book with lots of candid commentary from the artists and developers. I like Norsehound's idea too.

That and an official Kiith Gaalsien hood and mask set for recording eerie, threatening messages prior to major throwdowns.

Comment

I'd say, just let me 3D print a baserunner... Just oh maybe 18 inches long :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Norsehound View Post
              A large full-color book describing Kharak. Large views of the local maps, descriptions of some key wrecks and locations, early chapters describing large sweeping details of the Heresy wars and the rise and fall of the various Kiithid. Something that those completing doK can get some more answers out of for details that don't matter for later installments.

...with a final chapter written by Fleet intelligence describing the destruction of Kharak, what little was left, and a personal message on the tragedy from Karan.

Apart from this, ships and vehicles in physical form. A tabletop minis (or traditional board/card) game describing some other detail in this area of Kharakian history.
              They did the book thing for Game of Thrones/ASoIaF, and it's glorious. I'd be into such a thing for Kharak.

I'd like to see games in other genres for different parts of Kharak history:

A CKII mod for the Heresy Wars. Seems like a perfect fit. Religious wars, feudal hierarchies

A city builder. Probably an incredibly small niche market, but I find thinking about how a community of Kiith in such an enviornment might survive fascinating. Either a pre-Age of Reason medieval-ish one, or a Khar-toba just crash landed one. Preferably not combat focused.

There's room in the Homeworld IP for a traditional RPG, either tabletop or as a video game. An open world game where you explore these eerie, cavernous wrecks for their secrets at a human scale could be epic. Storyline could lead up to finding the Guidestone.

Comment

+1 to all of these things.

Companies to partner with:

Eaglemoss Productions
                Diamond Select Toys

Comment

The more I think on it, the builder might be possible as a Dwarf Fortress mod. Problem is I do not understand DF mechanics nearly well enough. It left my feeble brain behind years ago.

If they are anything like other desert cultures, the Kharakid build at least partially underground. You'd have to scrub most of the fantasy elements, but the basic structure of the game would work. Not sure if DF can model encroaching sands, but if so it's ability to support elaborate user made engineering would make for epic projects. Not sure if temperature management has been implemented yet though, which would be one of the main mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaghaidh View Post
                    The more I think on it, the builder might be possible as a Dwarf Fortress mod. Problem is I do not understand DF mechanics nearly well enough. It left my feeble brain behind years ago.

If they are anything like other desert cultures, the Kharakid build at least partially underground. You'd have to scrub most of the fantasy elements, but the basic structure of the game would work. Not sure if DF can model encroaching sands, but if so it's ability to support elaborate user made engineering would make for epic projects. Not sure if temperature management has been implemented yet though, which would be one of the main mechanics.

I'm a big fan of DF. Weather and temperature are a big part of the game, it could manage these aspects. I'm just not sure how the mod would handle technology. It's not sword fighting anymore.
                    But the planet could be rendered in ASCII. If they did Earth they can do Kharak.

As for me I want an RC Baserunner.

Comment

Some cheap light remote controlled versions of the Baserunner, LAV and maybe the AAV.

20-30cm Base Runner toy and 10-12cm toy of the LAV. Preferably able to take as much abuse as a Tonka toy. (These are what I really want.)

Models of every unit in the game.

Micro Machine small model/toys of most units in the game would also be nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X