Map previewa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map previewa

BBI, I know you have some talented artist in that warehouse! How about some of you do some showcasing of the maps with some fly bys and overlays to introduce the maps to players? e.g. Like golf tournaments do for the golf course on the Masters. Given that terrain plays such an important part of the game, I wager your staff could toss out some beautiful creations on the side that would be beneficial to players and promote the game.
    Last edited by B8factor; 22-03-2017, 04:10 AM.

We do have some very talented artists in the studio it is true, however as talented as they are, they are also exceptionally busy. However this does sound like the perfect project for an ambitious community content creator.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
      We do have some very talented artists in the studio it is true, however as talented as they are, they are also exceptionally busy. However this does sound like the perfect project for an ambitious community content creator.

Cheers,

Iain
      Hack yea. Being new to the multi player scene I have seen how important terrain can be. I have seen good players approach my position with an inferior force an win due to the smallest of sand dunes. That is COOL. So many maps, so many different builds to use for each.

The game has such beautiful cinematics!

You get a chance check out a few of GG and I's short Homeworld videos were we showcase one thing or another. BitVenom showed us how to use a special camera to get beautiful smooth in game videos.

Of topic but one thing I have noticed in RTS games is lack of spectator camera actions. Watching a DOK (as well as many other RTC) can get choppy when the caster is zooming in and out real fast. for a player this is no problem but when watching it would be nice if the game engineers thought ahead like a tv/movie producer of what would be nice for the audience to see and add these type of camera actions to the caster/replay... like camera shake, smooth zoom in, transitions, etc. my 2 cents.

Comment

I think MOBAs are doing good things with improvements to spectator cameras, I imagine we will see RTSs follow suit in the future, at least RTSs that have an eSports focus.

Comment

Working...
        X