Getting crashes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting crashes...

Game seems to be crashing on Hells' gate. Had it happen twice so far, last time was when a Gaalsien railgun? unit was destroyed.

Please advise BBI.

Seems to be happening when units are moving out of the left juncture by IIfrit-Nabaal....

Comment

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you're having crashing issues. Could you please put a ticket into the Gearbox support system (we will get these tickets quickly). Please attach the following to the ticket to help us narrow down the issue:

- Dxdiag
      - output_log.txt (found in the ..\Deserts of Kharak\Data\ directory from your install)
      - crash logs (found in the ..\Deserts of Kharak\###########\ directory from your install, the # will be the date/time of the crash)

Also please identify yourself as Norsehound in the ticket, so we know that this is your issue.

Comment

I have been able to get past that level and issue. I think the problem was moving to that area without researching all tech?

If the issue occurs again I will go through the steps to submit a bug report. Thanks for outlining the support process!

Comment

I am getting a regular crash here after fixing up the first railgun, there is no crash log. I put a ticket in.

AMD 8350FX ~4GHz / AMD R9-390X (latest crimson + driver) / 16Gb ram / Win10x64

Comment

I had another crash and there is no crash log either...

Comment

I'm getting alot of crashing at the moment. Particularly mission 3. I've yet to get pass this due to the crashing. Didn't crash at all on the prior missions.

Intel Q8300 2.4Ghz, 8GB Ram DDR2 800mhz, PNY N-vidia GTX660 2GB.
              No crash logs available as there are not any.

It seems to be random as I can pretty much duplicate whats happening and not crash. I haven't got the faintest why it's doing so.

Comment

I have also been getting crashes on this mission, stopping my progression and previously on the tutorial as well. I'll look for crash logs when I next encounter.

Comment

I've managed to get past mission 3 using regular manual saves and amazingly when I got past the mission the instability stopped. I was emailed by support saying my processor was not powerful enough but I can assure them it is. It's running it on a mix of Ultra/high with no difficulty whatsoever. So since completing mission 3, 0 crashes. There must be something in that mission like a unique texture or effect that is causing the issue.

Comment

I had crashes in mission 3 as well. I turned off shadows and experienced no crashes. With the shadows on I saw 71% memory usage and then a freeze, which leads me to believe there might be a memory leak in mission 3 that involves shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by wisemanrax View Post
                      I had crashes in mission 3 as well. I turned off shadows and experienced no crashes. With the shadows on I saw 71% memory usage and then a freeze, which leads me to believe there might be a memory leak in mission 3 that involves shadows.

Hmm, interesting. Unity did previously have a memory leak with shadows, but it was fixed in the version we shipped with.
                      For anyone still experiencing this, please try turning off shadows and trying the mission again, then let us know if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-yoyobbi View Post

Hmm, interesting. Unity did previously have a memory leak with shadows, but it was fixed in the version we shipped with.
                        For anyone still experiencing this, please try turning off shadows and trying the mission again, then let us know if that resolves the issue.
                        It's November 2017 and the shadow issue on mission 3 is still there! Spend a day to find this thread to be able to proceed through this pesky third mission. Are you guys still really think that it's users' concern to investigate why the game crashes every 10 minutes?
                        Last edited by ObfuscatedCode; 19-11-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Hello ObfuscatedCode,

To my knowledge we have not had any further reports of this issue since February of 2016, seems like it must be a very isolated occurrence.

Please post your player log and a DxDiag output so we can investigate.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                          X