Crash/system freeze on the new maps,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash/system freeze on the new maps,

Step one. Host a game on either Kalash valley, or The shallows.

Step two, play the game as you normally would, then at any moment during the game the fps will drop sharply, the monitor will lose video signal, and then the system locks up and you have to force reset. The interesting thing is, when playing multiplayer the host will have the crash while the other user does not, when in single player, crash was then reproduced by stormhawk.

MSINFO.txt dxdiag.txt

Attached Files

Here is my data to help...
    Attached Files
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12407071/MSInfo.txt
    Last edited by Stormhawk; 26-04-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Here's another instance, where my game didn't cause the screen to stay black and everything except music stops playing- instead the game actually crashed and the OS stayed online. I had uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers before this instance, so maybe that has something to do with the more graceful program death.
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay so a bit of an update, to avoid this issue to those who have it, It's most likely going to be AMD users on Windows 10, but if you're an Nvidia user and you have this issue this may work for you as well.

In your games library on steam, right click homeworld deserts of kharak, and select properties, then in the first tab, you want to go to set launch options, then type -force-d3d9 That should alleviate your crash issues should you experience this.

Credits to Sinistro for the tip.

Comment

Oooohhhhh thanks a lot!, I have like 15 days that I got DOK, and could not play it since a black screen appeared with sound and mouse cursor but no game screen at all, the -force-d3d9 did the fix, it started at super low res, the I could max it up. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X