Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge list of Singleplayer bugs, response from BBI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding another video to the list. Today while doing a speedrun I became softlocked in Beladin Dune Sea. I used Rachel's Hacking ability on an enemy Assault Ship and it refused to travel to the Kapisi to be refitted to your control. The ship in question was one of the ships from the Gaalsien Security Patrol, meaning that I was unable to progress the mission since I hadn't destroyed the entire patrol. Check out the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnAd4Y1Ooyo

Comment

Adding another video to this list. I've been having issues with my Strike Fighters and Bombers lately, and I don't recall having them in the past. I don't know what has changed or if I'm doing something different.

When I first issue a wave of Strike Fighters to fly to a location on the map, the majority of the time the Strike Fighters will launch, circle the Kapisi once, then dock. If you launch several waves at once, sometimes only one or two individual Strike Fighters will fly to their designated location. It's rather annoying when you're playing the game fast and using Strike Fighters to clear out enemies quickly, only to have them circle the Kapisi instead. This is most prevalent in Beladin Dune Sea and The Whispering Gallery. Check out the video link and see what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKLXndNInA

Comment

Thanks for the videos!

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

I also found a small Out Of Bounds clip in The Whispering Gallery. It also causes the pathing algorithm that determines how a ship will travel on the map to get a little wonky. Basically if you position the Kapisi in a particular way, when ships exit it they clip out of bounds. The game forces them in bounds again very quickly, but them they are kinda driving on terrain they shouldn't be. This allows them to take shortcuts up cliffs or plateaus and reach places much much quicker than if they took to the normal path. Here's a link to that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73NZAoCeHc

Comment

Adding another small bug to this list. Had a playthrough where the boundaries to the Boneyard map didn't load. I use them as a visual que to know where to place some units, so I was rather confused and made a mistake during that run.

Check out the Youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AugfRGrKFqM

Comment

Thanks for reporting this and for posting the video.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

I'm happy to see you still collecting this information theoblivinator! And also thanks for BBI-iain for at least acknowledging the thread.

Unfortunately, it looks like the last patch to the game was in June of 2016. It included the following:

Patch 1.2.1 Release Notes
                • Added Polish Language Support
                • Minor Fixes to Shift login
                This implies no fixes have been implemented that involve the issues in this thread. I have a little bit of hope that BBI will hire a summer intern this year who can knock out a few of these bugs. I know casual Unity experience is definitely more common these days, so it's not totally impossible. I'd be willing to kickstart or buy DLC that includes some of these bugfixes!

Comment

Originally posted by GrantCaptain View Post
                  I'm happy to see you still collecting this information theoblivinator! And also thanks for BBI-iain for at least acknowledging the thread.

Unfortunately, it looks like the last patch to the game was in June of 2016. It included the following:

Patch 1.2.1 Release Notes
                  • Added Polish Language Support
                  • Minor Fixes to Shift login

This implies no fixes have been implemented that involve the issues in this thread. I have a little bit of hope that BBI will hire a summer intern this year who can knock out a few of these bugs. I know casual Unity experience is definitely more common these days, so it's not totally impossible. I'd be willing to kickstart or buy DLC that includes some of these bugfixes!
                  Sorry for the late response, I don't monitor this thread as much as I probably should since it's the only one of its kind as far as I know. But you are correct, of all the patches that BBI released (which are appreciated), none of the issues on this list were addressed. I personally doubt they will ever get fixed since BBI is working on other projects atm, and Gearbox likely didn't want to fund/support them to fix them either.

But I will continue to update this thread with anything else I discover as I continue to play this game.

Comment

Working...
                  X