No announcement yet.

Performance issues on higher end pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your settings I can't get it to drop below 40fps and it is usually sitting at 60-90.

What happens when you use V-Sync and AA?

Comment

60-90 fps or 60-90 cpu/gpu usage? If you meant fps, is the usage of cpu and gpu relatively similar?

The screenshot I sent showing the fps and useage was on a 6 player map, 3v3, 5 AIs and myself but even then you can see how low the usage is.

With V-sync and AA the results are the same. However something I have observed is that GPU usage is higher in the menu. As soon as the the match starts it starts to go down. However the moment you go to a big fight with land units and aircraft the usage goes lower and lower, which is puzzling to me.

Comment

60-90 fps. Yes, the CPU/GPU usage is comparable. If I up the settings I can get the GPU up to about 60% usage.

Comment

So the low use is there for you too, ok, that's great! The problem now is how to fix it.

With the setting as highest as possible I get the same results, big fight= even lower usage of GPU. CPU seems to be about the same.

Comment

Looks like DoK is CPU Bound which is why the GPU usage is lower than some other games which are GPU Bound. It is also designed to only use 2 Cores which is why your CPU usage is hovering around 50%.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

No that doesn't seem true. This was with the same maxed settings, 6vs6, and on a big battle with air and ground on screen at the same time.

DoK seems to use 4 cores in my case, but uses them poorly, never at 100% or even close to that. Same goes for the GPU, it's not being used well, maybe because the CPU isn't giving the GPU something to do. I don't know, not an expert

Any chances of a patch or a mod or anything like that to improve this?

Best regards.

Comment

6vs6?

No, it is built into the architecture to utilize two cores. You would need to rebuild the game from the ground up.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Oh my bad, 3vs3, 6 players.

A pity, thanks though Iain.

Comment

Working...
                  X