Game reset-crashes PC after few minutes of play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game reset-crashes PC after few minutes of play

Hi. Having loved Homeworld on first release, got a copy of DOK via Steam a couple of weeks ago.

Problems I'm having are:

In the tutorial: reset-crashes at about 4.5 mins each time (entering the line-of-sight lesson).

In first mission: reset-crash occurs after several minutes of play (longest so far is 5.5 mins).

Of note, the Skirmish mode seems to work fine.

PC stats: Win10, i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit OS.

Reading through the other, similar, forum posts, I've attempted to recreate the crash several times in order to find an error log, but no luck (ie. crash - yes, log - no).

Steam reports file integrity is good.

And all drivers are up to date.

I really want to play this game. It looks amazing.
    Last edited by Tigerdragon; 21-07-2017, 05:45 PM.

So there is no output log in this, or an equivalent, file path? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deserts of Kharak\Data

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Ahh, found it.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

What happens if you save the game before you crash (say at 5:15 in to the mission), then reload? Does that give you an additional 5.5 minutes? or do you crash after 15 seconds?

Cheers,

iain

Comment

Can you try launching the first mission from the mission page, rather than continuing your campaign save and see if you still experience the crash?

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
            What happens if you save the game before you crash (say at 5:15 in to the mission), then reload? Does that give you an additional 5.5 minutes? or do you crash after 15 seconds?

Cheers,

iain
            Ok, tried that - crash occurred at 1 min 44 sec.

Attached is the new output log.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tigerdragon; 02-08-2017, 01:03 AM. Reason: Added a file.

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
              Can you try launching the first mission from the mission page, rather than continuing your campaign save and see if you still experience the crash?

Cheers,

Iain
              I was a little confused by this at first, but I think I understand now.

So my previous post was after using the mission page, which gave me another minute 44 seconds of gameplay (nb. start point was an autosave).

I just tried again, using the 'continue' button - game lasted for approx 20 seconds. Here's the log for that one...
              Attached Files

Comment

...and, last one for now, I just tried to start the game fresh (well, from Mission 1: Epsilon Base).
                The intro-cut-scene played (which is way cool, by the way), and the crash occurred at the video's end.
                Here's the log...
                Attached Files

Comment

Are you having to restart your computer after each crash?

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                  X