Can't select group of units with CTRL key on MacOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't select group of units with CTRL key on MacOS

It's impossible to set groups with the CTRL key. I tried alt,cmd, shift and all possible combinations. But I can't assign groups on units.
    I am playing DOK with steam.
    Any advice or help please?

iMac Sierra 10.12.6

Hello Aristar,

What keyboard are you using? Have you tried both left and right Control buttons? Same effect?

I just tested it at home and both Ctrl click and Ctrl groups are working for me on my 27 inch, late 2012 iMac with Siera 10.12.6, however I am using a third party keyboard. I will be back in the office on Tuesday, and can try and do more testing there to see if I can replicate the issue.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Hella Iain,
      Apple USB keyboard with numeric keys & Apple bluetooth short keyboard. Same reaction from both with left and right CTRL.
      There are french localized (AZERTY) with Fran├žais.
      I will try with standard USB.

Thx for your reply.

Comment

It is possible that the Azerty keyboard is messing with the functionality. I have seen it impact other games unexpectedly.

In your Keyboard System Preferences, open the Modifier Keys menu and make sure that your Control Key is set to ^ Control

You should also try and see if temporarily switching to a QWERTY keyboard in the Languages & Region System Preferences menu has any impact on the issue.

Let us know if this has any impact.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

It is likely the game DOK that's messing with AZERTY keyboard.
          Whatever problem solved.

Thx for help.

Comment

Any details you can share on what you did to get the keyboard to recognize the Ctrl commands might be helpful in case anyone else has the issue in the future.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
            X