Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow settings

Hi,

I posted in the steam forums about a shadow bug I seem to be having and now I thought I'd post here as directed by the bug post over there.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining this as it has been a long while since I've played this game until tonight, but all the shadows now look really low res with a lot of banding? Not only that, but the setting in the game menu doesn't actually change anything at all; low, medium and high all look identical and even off doesn't turn them off.

I've just watched some gameplay on youtube, from about a year ago, the shadows are much cleaner, especially around dune edges etc.

In case it's helpful, my basic specs are i5 6600k, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080.

I previously played last year with a GTX 970 when I'm sure the shadows looked a lot better.

Thanks.

It is an issue with the version of unity with which DoK was made unfortunately (5.2.2). The issue is much more pronounced in certain levels (mission 3 for example) so that may be why you are noticing it more now.

I know it is an issue that the dev team would love to be able to fix, but I am told without completely rebuilding the game in a new version of unity it is not something that can be fixed.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
    X