Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deserts of Kharak Crashes on loading screen.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deserts of Kharak Crashes on loading screen.

Hello.

I’m having an issue with deserts of kharak, when I start the game I can navigate the main menu, campaign etc but when I start a game in the loading screen I get an error message telling me the game has crashed.

so far I’ve tried verifying the game files on steam, entering dx9 in the launch options tab, running the game in compatibility mode and running it as administrator but so far this has not worked.

the game has worked well on my system in the past but just recently I’ve had to reinstall my os and my GPU drivers and the game has not worked since then. I’d really appreciate some help on this one as it’s a fantastic game, I can provide logs if necessary.

Error logs

​​​​​​​

Comment

Update:

I loaded the game back up today to see if there was any change nothing sadly but I decided to change factions and the game works! In-fact if I chose any other faction than the Coalition then the game runs smoothly. This leads me to believe that the last patch for the game is the cause or at least one of the audio files but I'm not sure how to access them.

Comment

Hello Chaines,

Thank you for your message. I recall hearing about a similar issue once before. I can't be sure it is exactly the same issue, but I recall the problem being caused by the directory paths being altered when the OS was reinstalled. It is possible you may need to reinstall on a new file path post the OS reinstall. Did you switch hard drives or add a new drive when reinstalling?

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Originally posted by BBI-iain View Post
          Hello Chaines,

Thank you for your message. I recall hearing about a similar issue once before. I can't be sure it is exactly the same issue, but I recall the problem being caused by the directory paths being altered when the OS was reinstalled. It is possible you may need to reinstall on a new file path post the OS reinstall. Did you switch hard drives or add a new drive when reinstalling?

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Iain
          Hello Iain , thank you for the response I really appreciate this.

I recently did a re-install of Windows 10 onto my SSD, the previous version had been corrupted so I had to start from scratch So I would have to install window on another directory? Or Do you think doing another clean reinstall of Windows 10 would possibly fix the problem or possibly use another hard drive ?

Thanks again.

Callum.

Comment

Here is what the other person experiencing this issue said:

"Great news. I finally solved the problem
            I have two hard drives- a Solid State and a Traditional. I put all my games, DoK included, on the Traditional. I tried redownloading it onto the SSD to see if that fixed it, and it did. It seems that somewhere in the library on the Traditional drive, a file was corrupted or broken. I don't know if it was 1.3 or if I did something on accident, but it seems to be working fine now"

Hope this helps. It sounds like the same issue.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Ok I’m going to try this when I get my PC back shortly. unfortunately Its been experiencing some PSU issues as of late so this may even be part of the problem.

will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Good luck!

Hopefully you don't need to get a new PSU, I hear they are getting pricey with all this crypto currency craze.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                X