The game starts but only audio is heard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    I am having the same issue with Deserts of Kharak, it used to work fine, now when i try to start it the screen flashes blue a few times, i see the triangular cursor, then the screen goes black and i can hear music playing in the background, but see nothing.
    How can i fix this ?
    I have never posted on any forum before, but i did re install it (twice) and updated drivers, 'verified ' it in Steam and ran as admin, none of this worked.
    I think i have managed to get 'dx diag' 'msinfo32' and 'log' files, so i'll try attach all that.
    Can you help? Wilsonrw74

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Wilson,

Have you tried reinstalling windows 10? That was the solution for the last person that had the issue on this thread.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

I have the same exact issue. I don't see 'reinstalling Windows 10' as an appropriate solution to one game's problem. Can you suggest another option?

Comment

Hey There,

Without knowing what is causing the issue is, it is hard to suggest alternative solutions.

You could try verifying files, double checking file paths, updating drivers, reverting any recent hardware or software changes you made, reinstalling Steam, but there is know guarantee that any of these will resolve the issue.

Feel free to post you logs and dxdiag and we can take a look at them to see if there are any obvious causes.

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Fair enough. I should mention though, that I have just bought the game and I've already verified cache, reinstalled it, rebooted (obviously), and have other games that run fine on the same system (less helpful I suppose). I'm annoyed because I haven't even gotten to play it. I've attached the files mentioned.
            Attached Files

Comment

If you have just purchased the game and were never able to successfully run it then the issue you are seeing is likely different from that of the OP.

Can you go into more detail about the issue you are experiencing?

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Appears to be the same as OP to me. Load the game up from Steam or outside of Steam, you get a full black screen then it flashes different shades of blue and then one flash of gray and back to black. It seems like it's displaying the startup logos, graphics, etc. I can hear sound/music in the background but no interface sounds (if there are any) such as hovering or clicking buttons. I've tried letting it keep running to see if it ever 'rights' itself but it stays a black screen. Also when running the cursor is reskinned to the blue Homeworld style.

Comment

Unfortunately there is nothing in your log that would suggest any type of error. Which makes the issue very hard to diagnose.

You have tried the other troubleshooting steps I suggested?

Cheers,

Iain

Comment

Working...
                  X