Homeworld 3 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBC View Post
    I want HW3, but i want a multiplatform from BBi first, i wanna game from BBi on my PS4 as well, Relic did that finally after we bugged them. to know end.
    Multiplatform games hurt development. Games like that usually are worse in quality then PC/Console exclusive games. BBI/GBX will make the games they want in the homeworld series, and I sure as hell hope HW3 is a PC exclusive.

Originally posted by nli2work View Post
    HW3 is better off a fan fantasy than reality.
    To you that may be the case. but that is not a factual statement, especially after other developers stated they are interested in the POST hw2. It's their story, while we have the right to provide feedback, it's their right to take it in whatever direction they wish.
    Last edited by Avetorian; 04-02-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

There's nothing factual at this point, it's all conjecture. I'm as eager as anyone else to see what BBI does in the future, and I have no doubt if they chose to make a sequel, they will do an amazing job. However "Post HW2" doesn't necessarily have to mean more Homeworld games.

Comment

Post Homeworld 2 doesn't mean there can't be more homeworld games either. Homeworld 3 would probably end up being a strategy game, as to what other elements that entails I don't know. This thread is about homeworld 3 obviously. I'm not sure I'd call a homeworld game taking place in a different genre homeworld 3. I'm not denouncing any other genres taking place in Homeworld either. Your original post was suggesting that a future Homeworld game shouldn't exist past homeworld 2. Homeworld 2 is definitely not the end.

Comment

never said there can't be more Homeworld games. All I said is I'd like see BBI be more experimental, as they were with Shipbreakers, than sticking to RTS... if Homeworld can only mean RTS to the powers that be (fans, investors, gearbox, whatever), then a new IP perhaps. In all probability, it will be HW3, and I certainly would welcome that too.

Comment

Originally posted by nli2work View Post
            never said there can't be more Homeworld games. All I said is I'd like see BBI be more experimental, as they were with Shipbreakers, than sticking to RTS... if Homeworld can only mean RTS to the powers that be (fans, investors, gearbox, whatever), then a new IP perhaps. In all probability, it will be HW3, and I certainly would welcome that too.
            Nothing wrong with that. Hell I'd love to have a space sim in the homeworld universe. Homeworld 3 can happen before or after they do one of those either way, I'm fine with it.

Comment

I agree that HW3 is far off in a distant future. DOK ,and the Re-master, need love first. The Homeworld universe did not come to a halt at the end of HW3. The galaxy is large, and threats that are much larger may always be out there.

I also semi-agree that the "fan fantasy-v-realities of game development" issues may be present, and that it may be difficult to find something that may actually pass muster with both the developers and the money folks.

That being said...

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/...fantasy/128906

Since about 2000 I have scribbled and thought and messed around with the above concept. Bugs or Berserkers... take your pick... or maybe face both from two strategic campaign axes

Comment

I still kinda wanna see Hardware. I mean salvaging derelict starships looks really interesting.

Comment

I know this is a rather old thread, but I still want to point out that BBI's facebook account liked the group "We want Homeworld3".

That doesn't mean that HW3 will roll out in near future, but that certainly means at least someone in BBI really want to make it happen.

And yes, I do want homeworld 3. I want more homeworld, perhaps each one for a game generation.

Space RTS' need a king, and only Homeworld could claim this throne!

Comment

Well sounds like we're going to be for a surprise sometimes next year - will it be H3? Perhaps too early, BUT would love to see a good old expansion pack story DLC for DoK.

Comment

A homeworld 3 game would be received with mixed reviews, games these day and age are "casual" games that majority of people don't invest time into and if it doesn't hit all the right markets straight off the bat, the sales wont be large enough to support development and continuous patching/support.
                      However that being said, the homeworld universe has a lot of potential in a sequal to homeworld 2, it could expand into a total war style concept with a galactic style campaign where you can visit various solar systems, fight / conquer various alien races with different technology, giving access to new ships and upgrades. Also having an enemy with an empire spanning a portion of the galaxy to give the linear gameplay story line and the cookie cutter type enemies to save on development time and cost.
                      This will also allow multiple races in game play, perhaps 5 or 6 (some obviously being dlc) and give variety of potential modding and story based dlc in the future.
                      Sort of like starcraft 2 having a big base game and adding huge content in massive expansions, I know the player base for starcraft is huge as well as the marketing and support, BBI might not bee able to support such an endeavour but the possibilities are endless with this kind of franchise.
                      Look at stargate, great tv series, the stories were endless with an entire galaxy to explore (multiple) in the show. Ofcourse it all depends on sales, time and finances.

Comment

Lore says the age of S'jet is an age of peace, or at least relative peace. So there can't be a major conflict. I'd like to see a RPG/RTS hybrid on a HWR engine, like some modders already done or i plan to do.

Comment

Working...
                        X