BBI switching gears for new RTS Project? Suggested by a May 12 hiring drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBI switching gears for new RTS Project? Suggested by a May 12 hiring drive

BBI announced on their Twitter May 12 that they are hiring.

Currently unfilled positions are as follows:
    ALL
    General Application - Blackbird Interactive Vancouver, BC, Canada
    DESIGN
    UI and UX designer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ENGINEERING
    Animation Software Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Audio Software Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Intermediate Software Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Online Software Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Senior Software Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Senior Software Engineer - Gameplay Lead Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Senior Tools Engineer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Software Engineer - Pathfinding Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Software Engineer - UI Lead Vancouver, BC, Canada
    PRODUCTION
    Live Producer Vancouver, BC, Canada
    There was a position listed under design, I believe, that specifically mentioned RTS designer in the title. As of today, that position appears to have been filled. Most of the other positions' detailed descriptions mention the role as being within the framework of a strategy game and ask for those with experience in designing strategy games.

Not too much can be inferred by this. However, you don't tend to initiate a hiring wave for your workforce unless you are gearing for a new project. Whether this entails an expansion pack for Deserts of Kharak, Homeworld 3, Homeworld Remastered Expansion Packs, or a whole new IP, I don't know. However, I hope this all leads to one of the first three options.

http://blackbirdinteractive.com/jobs/

They were hiring character artist a week or two ago. Makes me think it'll be a new IP. Or at least a fair change of direction from vehicle based RTS. That 4th gamejam prototype Hello Collector has serious potential as part of Homeworld I think... as one of the more space focused Kiiths or as Kadeshi.
    Last edited by nli2work; 19-05-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

That Hello Collector game looked pretty damn cool. A HW3 or DoK expansion would make me happier than anything else, though.

Comment

As being a studio with around 50 folks, recruiting is frequent as well as they will have more projects in the making, RTS or not.

Comment

Working...
        X