Khaaneph Fleet Pack now available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khaaneph Fleet Pack now available

The Khaaneph Fleet Pack is now available.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433242/

Trailer: https://youtu.be/rywKAT6Alqo

Read the story on the search for the Khaaneph by Kharakian reporter Jonas Baer.
    http://www.desertsofkharak.com/docum...aneph_Site.pdf
    Last edited by BBI-JoshL; 27-04-2016, 12:11 PM.

I hope this is not the last of the planned content. I think everyone would still like to see more story content with the possibility of playing as different factions in single player. Plus, be able to play as a wholly new faction that is neither Coalition or Gaalsien based in playstyle or technology. Basically, an expansion pack.

I'd pay for it.

: )

Comment

Very, very nice. I love this faction already.

Also, I agree with Kyle

Comment

I'm really, really interested in the Khaaneph fleet pack, but unfortunately I don't believe in cosmetic only DLC. And the fact that I don't actually play multiplayer in RTS games. Now if there was some story content and missions for both the Khaaneph and the Soban fleets, then I'd gladly pay $20 for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Voc View Post
          I'm really, really interested in the Khaaneph fleet pack, but unfortunately I don't believe in cosmetic only DLC. And the fact that I don't actually play multiplayer in RTS games. Now if there was some story content and missions for both the Khaaneph and the Soban fleets, then I'd gladly pay $20 for both of them.
          Well, the current size of the multiplayer community is certainly an argument against it. However, you can still use the Soban and Khaaneph against the skirmish AI.

It should also be stated that the Khaaneph and Soban are not simply cosmetic DLC. They are sub-factions that borrow a lot of units but have several faction specific ones (the units that have different geometries not just paint schemes) with heavily altered roles or abilities. In particular, the Soban and Khaaneph carriers are very functionally different.

Soban have a new Carrier, Logistics Module, Baserunner, Railgun and Battlecruiser
          Khaaneph have a new Carrier, Baserunner, Blast Drone, Production Cruiser and Siege Cruiser

Comment

I don't do skirmish mode either.. If it's not campaign DLC or contains a significant amount of story content, I just can't justify buying DLC for, well, any game, Deserts of Kharak included.

Comment

Imagining a mini-campaign for the Kaaneph:

M-01: The Kaaneph attacks a Gaalsien base and assault a carrier under repairs to obtain their shunting system, the last item to make the Kaaneph carrier totally operational;
              M-02: The Siidim tracks the battle chatter and start to pursuit the Kaaneph. The intention is to prove to the Tiir leaders the need for a vast "Desert Cleansing" campaign. The Siidim taste the tactics of the kaanephs baserunner;
              M-03: Gaalsien retreating from a failed desert operation is ambushed by the Kaaneph, but the Kaaneph wasn't aware the Sobani were in pursuit of the Gaalsien. The Kaaneph reverse-engineers the Gaalsien air units;
              M-04: In the aftermath, the Kaaneph learns that the gaalsien were luring the Sobani out of a secret base so they could pinpoint its location and make a siege. The Kaaneph are exploiting the situation willing to obtain the siege cruiser tech;
              M-05: The Kaaneph is retreating to their land in the south and the Coalition make a last attempt using air strikes. The Kaaneph must wipe out the radar system that is supporting the attack before they can finally escape.

Comment

Working...
              X