X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing our technology

Hi folks,
    As announced in our recent Made With Unity story, we will be making some the technology we used to build Deserts of Kharak available on the Unity Asset Store.

We will start small and expand our middleware offerings if there is interest. Stay tuned for further details!

Please use this forum to discuss and ask questions about any of our technology and our plans for sharing it. There will be additional forums to support each of our middleware packages.

cheers,
    Yossarian
    --
    Yossarian King
    Chief Technical Officer, Blackbird Interactive

are these considered Mod Tools? or Tools intended for use in other developers' projects? I imagine some tools will be usable for both purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by nli2work View Post
      are these considered Mod Tools? or Tools intended for use in other developers' projects? I imagine some tools will be usable for both purposes.
      Sorry, no mod tools, not yet anyway. These will be intended for use by other developers on other Unity projects.
      The easiest things to extract from our project are development utilities like logging system, metrics, performance monitor, etc. so we will be starting with those.

Comment

But feel free to use this Technology Discussion forum to ask questions about how things work, how we did X, etc.

Comment

Id love to know how the digital art was made, I cant do art for toffee, but Id like to know what the design order was like in terms of drawing/ designing a unit/landscape, and how that got put through its paces into the game!

Comment

Originally posted by kellboy View Post
            Id love to know how the digital art was made, I cant do art for toffee, but Id like to know what the design order was like in terms of drawing/ designing a unit/landscape, and how that got put through its paces into the game!

That's a big question! Feel free to start a new topic on unit construction and another one for world art. Each of those topics is big enough for several tech and art blogs ...

Comment

what tag will the tools be released under? so I can search for them on the asset store.

Comment

Originally posted by nli2work View Post
                what tag will the tools be released under? so I can search for them on the asset store.
                All our packages will include "BBI" in the title and as a keyword. You will also be able to search for all assets from us as "publisher".

Comment

I put up a link to this subsection on the unity3d subreddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/com...king_for_your/

Also mentioned it in the GameDevLeague chat on Discord.

Comment

Working...
                  X