This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing BBI Scene Tools - Coming Soon

Our first middleware package will be a small set of useful Unity scene management tools. The primary features of the package are to create automatic backups of Unity scenes as you work, and also to designate which scene should be loaded when you press play in the Unity editor.

I will update this post with more information when the package becomes available.

[EDIT] Package is now live on the Unity Asset Store - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55202
    Last edited by BBI-yoyobbi; 10-02-2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: add link to asset store package

Tool for fonts will be cool, I still don't figure out with this topic:
    http://forums.blackbirdinteractive.c...e-localisation

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman555 View Post
      Tool for fonts will be cool
      Font tools won't be part of the BBI Scene Tools package, but feel free to start a "Font tools" thread on the Technology Discussion forum if you like. (I also added a reply to your other post, unfortunately I don't have the info you need.)

Comment

there's a lot of modding chatter for this game going on the homeworld 3 facebook page. I've started directing to this forum, especially the technology topic. Lots of interest in more middleware already. Lots of people have been using unofficial mod tools to extract models from the asset files with the hope doing some artwork related to modding. Having trouble with mapping textures though...

Comment

Originally posted by recksnfx View Post
          there's a lot of modding chatter for this game going on the homeworld 3 facebook page. I've started directing to this forum, especially the technology topic. Lots of interest in more middleware already. Lots of people have been using unofficial mod tools to extract models from the asset files with the hope doing some artwork related to modding. Having trouble with mapping textures though...

Having trouble with textures though

Comment

Our first tools package is now live on the Unity Asset Store!
            https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55202

Comment

Thanks for the update on the Scene Tool, just a question to see if there will be more Unity Tools coming out.
              If this is the first tools package shall we expect more packages to be published?

Thx and keep up the fantastic work for us

Comment

I'm not an expert on the matter but 15$ seems a bit light for this kind of thing. Frankly, since it's a development tool, I was expecting it to be at least 500$.

Comment

Originally posted by Desedu View Post
                  Thanks for the update on the Scene Tool, just a question to see if there will be more Unity Tools coming out.
                  If this is the first tools package shall we expect more packages to be published?

Thx and keep up the fantastic work for us
                  Our hope is that the scene tools are the beginning of something bigger and that more tools will come as time goes on. We do need to treat it as a business, so we will watch how much extra effort it takes to publish and support our tools versus the sales we get in return. The scene tools package is a bit of an experiment, to learn about the Asset Store process and gauge the potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelfka View Post
                    I'm not an expert on the matter but 15$ seems a bit light for this kind of thing. Frankly, since it's a development tool, I was expecting it to be at least 500$.
                    The scene tools package is pretty simple, and just adds a couple of time-saving features to the Unity editor. I certainly wouldn't pay $500 for it! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X